C O N T E N T S
Personal Tips to Financially Get Ready for the Holidays
Personal Tips – During this time of year, we start last-minute shopping, and when the credit card bills show up in January, we always wish we had started shopping earlier. Here are a few great tips to help you better prepare for the holidays and spread out your spending:
1. Start NOW!
What better time than now! Jump start your gift-giving with a few ideas below.
- Schedule weekend getaways
- Running Errands as much as you can to stay ahead.
- Start shopping in January
- Go to weekend and holiday markets
2. Make a List
Making a list is not only for Santa; you should also make one for the holidays. This way, you will have a clear idea of what you plan to buy and how your budget can accommodate your spending. Here are a few things to consider:
- Start with who gets what gifts
- Prioritize and set goals
- Determine where you plan to buy gifts
- Set a spending limit
3. Be Creative & Strategize to Avoid Going Broke
Creating a strategy helps you stay within budget. However, some strategies may involve tapping into your creative side to get the most out of your holiday shopping.
- Take advantage of Holiday Sales & Discounts
- Agree on spending limits with friends and family
- Consider creating gifts instead of buying them.
4. Year-End Reflections
What is a holiday without some reflections? Ask yourself questions to help you highlight your year. Doing so will help you balance your life both personally and professionally.
- How did you do financially this year?
- What could you do better?
- How much did you save?
What can you do differently at the start of next year?
Remember, the holidays are the perfect time to destress and enjoy the company of friends and family. The holidays shouldn’t be hectic (that’s why it’s so important to plan ahead). Luckily, if you follow the tips in our guide, you’ll sail through the holidays smoothly and create memories that last a lifetime. So, all that is left to say is Happy Holidays!
Which tip is your favorite? Let us know by leaving a comment. And for more information, don’t forget to visit our website!